Preprocessing

Preprocessing

How to generate non tangential interface between mesh elements of two adjacent surface?

• Saurabh1011
      Subscriber

So I am meshing the one part of the larger assembly (Part geometry shown below)

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      You may want to split the geometry at those places. nAlso use edge biasing. nPlease go through help manual for more details nRegards,nKeyurnHow to access Ansys Online Help DocumentnHow to show full resolution imagenGuidelines on the Student CommunitynHow to use Google to search within Ansys Student Communityn
    • Saurabh1011
      Subscriber
      n

You may want to split the geometry at those places. Also use edge biasing. Please go through help manual for more details Regards,KeyurHow to access Ansys Online Help DocumentHow to show full resolution imageGuidelines on the Student CommunityHow to use Google to search within Ansys Student Communityhttps://forum.ansys.com/discussion/comment/111047#Comment_111047

Hi,nI already split the face into a semi-circle for the inlet. I can't split the volume since I have another part attached on the back side of the geometry. (Refer to the image below)nThose are the fins that are attached to the backside of the geometry. nCan you elaborate on edge biasing? on which edge should I use edge biasing? & how will it remove skewed elements?nAlso, can you post the link for ansys help manual?n
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      What mesh method you are using? Please use patch confirming tetrhedron. nFrom latest image it seems it would require considerable geometry decomposition to get hex mesh in your geometyr. nRegards,nKeyurnHow to access Ansys Online Help DocumentnHow to show full resolution imagenGuidelines on the Student CommunitynHow to use Google to search within Ansys Student Communityn
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.