July 21, 2020 at 5:07 pmkc644Subscriber
I'm trying to simulate a local crush behaviour on an aluminium y cross section sheet. However, when I look at the stress plot tracker I notice that the stress gradually flows down at the joint of the geometry. Now I have done a node merge on my mesh to ensure that all three faces of the cross section are one.
I even tried changing the aluminium alloy NL engineering data to see if I can resolve this, but I have no luck so far.
As for the mesh details, it is kept the same as default except the element size is 2.0mm, lowering this for me increases the time to compute.
Additionally, there is a base plate and an impactor on this geometry but I have hid it for the purpose of showing this stress and buckle problem clearly
If anyone knows why I'm getting this problem, I would greatly appreciate any help.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.