Systems

Systems

How to get Ansys workbench script to use in supercomputers

• Amin1372
      Subscriber

Hi,

I am going to use a supercomputer which is based on Linux to run my simulation but I don't know how to get the script from Ansys workbench, can anyone help me? I not familiar with command line and scripting.

Thanks,

Amin

• Svero86
      Subscriber

Using your version of ANSYS if you follow the instructions here  you can access the online documentation for workbench and systems(e.g. Mechanical, CFX) you wish to employ for the particular version of ANSYS that is on the super computers (navigating through the documentation may take a bit of time)

Then searching for "linux" or "commandline" within the particular documentation (e.g. Workbench User Guide, CFX Tutorials,etc.) that you think is relevant to you, should give the instructions for running on linux

Something to note, you may need software with X-11 forwarding  capabilities if you wish to do your setup on the supercomputers, to allow you to work with ANSYS using a GUI(point and click display).

You may also need some supercomputer specific instructions(separate to ANSYS) which you should be able to find from whomever is (maintaining the supercomputers)/ (supporting supercomputer users), to be able to run any software on the supercomputers

• Amin1372
      Subscriber

Actually I am completely novice at this filed. I just set up a simulation in Ansys workbench and it's ready to run. As it's a Transient Structural analysis with a huge number of nodes and elements, I needed a supercomputer. Our university has a supercomputer but needs the script of my simulation. there is an instructure but I can't understand it.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Talk to your colleagues, batch running on clusters can be very system specific. For example we have 4-5 clusters within Ansys in Europe and 2-3 different parallel interconnect protocols for Fluent due to differences in the hardware.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.