February 8, 2022 at 6:15 amsagarSubscriber
In Lumerical to get transmission, we place a monitor (rectangular) just top of the photonics structure and check how much light is passing through the monitor. But in the experiment monitor will be replaced with the Objective of a particular numerical aperture (NA), How to relate these two things?
Another solution I think is that we can integrate the far-field profile in a solid angle (solid angle of the objective) to get the idea of how much light is able to couple by the objective. Is it possible to get the coupling parameter in Lumerical?February 9, 2022 at 1:37 amKyleAnsys Employee
You're correct, integrating the far field in a given solid angle based on the NA of the objective would give you the amount of light that could be collected by the objective. You can normalize this to the source power or the total far field power, as demonstrated by the script example on this page: https://support.lumerical.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034410174
A similar approach is given in this example for imaging with a lens: https://support.lumerical.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042260213
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Lumerical support has moved to the Ansys Learning Forum (ALF)
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- focusing efficiency
Top Rated Tags