LS Dyna

LS Dyna

How to get eroded mass of projectile? (user defined result to give mass of a part over time)

• rahulb
      Subscriber
      Hi ,nI am impacting a deformable (steel 4340) onto SiC (silicon carbide) ceramic. I am interested in the mass of the projectile at every time interval.nI want to know the mass eroded. so that it helps me calculate the initial and final mass. nI am performing simulation in ANSYS/Explicit.
    • Chris Quan
      Ansys Employee
      You can find the mass summary printed at the specified results-save time from Part Summary and Material Summary in the print file admodel.prt. This file is stored with the rest data files, for example, in the directory of project_files\dp0\SYS\MECH.n
    • rahulb
      Subscriber
      There is no PArt Summary Material Summary in admodel.prtnI opened solver files directory as mentioned and opened admodel.prt with notepad. I did not find mass summary. nPFA admodel.prtnI changed the extension so that I can attach it here.nn
    • rahulb
      Subscriber
      n
    • rahulb
      Subscriber
      nI am simulating an Impact problem in Explicit Dynamics. I'm impacting a deformable projectile on to a ceramic target. I am interested to know the mass of the projectile before and after impact. Is there a way to get the mass history of a part in ANSYS Explicit.n
    • rahulb
      Subscriber
      I can use erosion user defined result to get the status of all eroded elements. nHow can I get element corresponding mass or volume. If I get the element corresponding mass I can know total mass eroded for that part. nCan someone tell me how to get element mass ?n n
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.