October 4, 2017 at 12:20 pmpglAnsys Employee
How to get existing part names from CAD to SpaceClaim?
October 17, 2017 at 9:24 amArunAnsys Employee
The CAD part names, as they appear in CAD, will only be imported to Spaceclaim if the Direct Reader is configured under CAD Configuration Manager for that CAD. The Associative Interface will import as generic names such as Solid1, Solid2, etc. Another approach for this can be, go to File>>SpaceClaim Options>>File Options>>Workbench and here select "Always use SpaceClaim Reader when possible option. This option skips CAD configuration manager's setting and uses SpaceClaim's reader to read native CAD file
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to work with STL file?
- Using Symmetry in DesignModeler and Expanding the Results
- Rotate tool in ANSYS Design Modeler
- drawing a geometry by importing a table of points
- section plane
- material properties
- ANSYS FLUENT – Operation would result in non manifold bodies
- Geometry scaling
- Parameters not imported into Workbench 18.2 from Solidworks/Inventor
- Convert Surface body to solid
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.