Preprocessing

Preprocessing

How to get perfect structured hexa mesh on a simple concentric cylinder?

• Raj007
      Subscriber

Hello all,

I am trying to mesh 5 cylinders that are concentric (You can see in images). I have tried to mesh it and got an appropriate mesh after using edge sizing, the multizone method. Prior, I have tried sweep, face meshing, and different options. I have also seen a lot of mesh generation videos and studied pdf-related meshing from ansys website. But I could not find any help. Please look into the images and let me know what can I do to get the perfect structured Hexa mesh.

Thank you

Raj

• 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      If its an annulus then you can simply add a face meshing control with mapped mesh set to yes. If its a solid cylinder then I don't think a perfectly structured hex mesh wont be possible. Just think about it!
      Regards Ishan.

• Raj007
      Subscriber
      No, actually I am working in Fluent, not in static structural. There are fluids flowing in three different cylinders which are concentric as shown in the picture. If possible, I can make all fluid domains to frozen, but I cannot turn them into hollow. Is there any other way?
      Thank you
      Raj
    • Raj007
      Subscriber
      Hello Did I miss any information to send or it is not possible to do total hexahedral?
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.