November 22, 2020 at 1:45 pmmaria08Subscriberhello, nI'm doing cavitation simulation using LES turbulent model.nIn the Fluent, we can plot the graphic of RMSE velocity magnitude (not only velocity but also for other parameters) base on the sampled LES results. However, as I checked, RMSE and RMS are two different concepts. nI checked the ANSYS Fluent Theory Guide. I only find RMS in instead of RMSE. Therefore, I am confused. Is RMSE in Fluent is the root mean square error of velocity or root mean square of velocity?nThank you.nn
November 23, 2020 at 12:53 pmDrAmineAnsys EmployeeRoot Mean Square Error of X Velocity is actually what we understand under SQRT(mean(u'^2))n
November 23, 2020 at 1:12 pmmaria08SubscriberHow to obtain u' in LES fluent ?nThank you for advancen
November 23, 2020 at 1:50 pmDrAmineAnsys EmployeeThat is what I posted RMSE X, Y and Z velocity. If you want to have another definition you will then build up your own variable.n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.