Fluids

Fluids

How to get solver to use GPU isntead of CPU

• Daidalos
      Subscriber
      Hi i would like to ask how do i get my solver in fluent to utilise the GPU to calculate instead of the CPU. I have an RTX 4000 ryzen which i understand is not on the tested list by NIVIDIA for 2020 r1 ANSYS. I tried using the TUI to set the AMG solver to use GPU but when running, The solver still utilises the CPU as the GPU usage does not increase. The way i tried to activate the GPU is using the solve/set/amg-options/amg-GPGPU-options and setting all variables to yes. I made sure the GPU is activated in the parallel settings (asterix) beside the GPU n
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      Please have a look at section 43.6. Using General Purpose Graphics Processing Units (GPGPUs) With the Algebraic Multigrid (AMG) SolvernnRegards,nKeyurnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning ForumnHow to access ANSYS help linksnn
    • Daidalos
      Subscriber
      Hi thanks for the reply, unfortunately I am just using the student liscense and do not think i have access to the customer portal. Or can i just go ahead and sign up?n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Whenver you are in Fluent Press F1.n
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      Please check this nPlease check this nRegards,nKeyurnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning ForumnHow to access ANSYS help linksnn
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.