General Mechanical

General Mechanical

How to Get Stiffness Matrix as an Output?

• Awlad
      Subscriber

Dear Support Engineers:

I am using ANSYS Mechanical APDL. I am doing a static structural analysis of a simple truss, as shown below. This truss has 3 nodes and 3 elements. I am using LINK180 with 3 DOF per node. So, the size of the stiffness matrix [K] will be (9x9).

• 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      You can use the commands *DMAT and *SMAT to get the stiffness matrix. Also check this blog - https://www.padtinc.com/blog/apdl-math-access-to-the-ansys-solver-matrices-with-apdl/.
      Regards Ishan.
    • Awlad
      Subscriber
      Dear Mr. Ishan:
      Is there any ANSYS Verification Model that I could also study besides checking the blog that you suggested? That will be very helpful too. Many thanks Awlad.
    • Awlad
      Subscriber
      Dear Dr. Ishan:
      APDL is very powerful. However, it is bit difficult to learn as it is based on Commands and Syntax. Hence, I wish to get an input file to learn how to use the *DMAT command with full understanding. Please help me if your capacity permits. Thanks Awlad.
    • 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      ANSYS employees cant share files however
      " target="blank">
      is a good video you can follow. Also whenever you comment and want to mention someone use '@' before the name. This way that person is notified.
      Regards Ishan.
  • Erik Kostson
    Ansys Employee

Try also to search on the internet for say: *DMAT and truss and ansys, and there will be some good tutorials you can follow.

Thank you

Erik
  • Awlad
    Subscriber
    Dear Many, many thanks for sharing the YouTube link. The "*DMAT" command should be under "/solution" branch in Mechanical APDL. Is my understanding correct? Thanks again Awlad.
  • Viewing 6 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.