Feedback

Feedback

How to get Student-version HFSS Tutorial PDFs?

• tomtranzebracom
      Subscriber

I Could NOT get any Help PDFs from the Pull-down Help from Ansys Electronics Desktop Student 2021. Please help!

• Praneeth
      Ansys Employee
      Hi Please share the error message that you are getting while accessing these GSGs (Getting Started Guide).
      Are you not able to see any pdfs as shown in the screen shot you have shared?
      Did you observe any error messages during installation?
      Can you un install the whole tool and re install by following the instructions given in the downloaded folder and see?
      All the very best Praneeth.
    • tomtranzebracom
      Subscriber
      Hello I got the installation successfully (no errors!) and was/am be able to open tool and open some included Example. From Pull-down Help for Tutorial PDFs (listed), I could not get any beside getting the below error snip. Please let me know HOW to get Tutorial PDFs (if without PDFs, I have NO ideas how to use HFSS tool!)1 Thanks.

• Praneeth
      Ansys Employee

Were you able to access these Help pdf documents before?
      Did you do any modifications to the tool recently?
      Is it possible to uninstall it completely and try reinstalling it?
      While installing make sure you do not change any default settings.
    • tomtranzebracom
      Subscriber
      Can you try installing it at your side? then verify to see if you get same problem as of my case?
      Thanks.
    • Praneeth
      Ansys Employee

I have verified at my end and was able to view the said pdf files successfully.
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Just to ask the "obvious" question, can you open any pdf's at present?
    • tomtranzebracom
      Subscriber
      Hello All
      My laptop here has pdf reader tool Nitro Pro, and I am not sure why I got such error. I could not open any on list.

But from Ansys 's tech support response to check into C:\Program Files\AnsysEM\Ansys Student\v212\Win64\Help\HFSS\GSG, I then found those PDFs. Thanks very much for your help!

Regards Tom

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.