Fluids

Fluids

How to handle this fatal error message to open workbench ?

• phanicmsf
      Subscriber

I am unable to open ansys workbench due the following fatal error.

• Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello Is this a project you had created? Or are the files being transferred from a different computer and you are attempting to open it?
      Could you double-check to make sure that the WorkBench version is consistent?
      Karthik
    • phanicmsf
      Subscriber
      Dear Files are on the same computer.
      Irrespective of the already saved project, I am unable to open workbench to create a new workbench project.
      At the sametime, not able to open already saved workbench projects which was created by me earlier.
      I am using workbench version 2021 for all projects.
      Regards
      Phanindra
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Could you look into the folder corresponding to the file you are attempting to open and make sure you have these intact?
      Karthik
    • phanicmsf
      Subscriber
      I did not understand which folder should I look for files ?
      I wrote to technical support team, deleted all unnecessary files in the %temp% folder as suggested by them.
      After doing that now I am getting the following error.

• Karthik R
      Administrator
      When you save a WB file, a folder is created with the same project name. This folder is in the same directory as your project. There are many sub-folders within this folder. This is where WB stores the geometry, mesh, and Fluent files. Please take a look inside this folder structure to see if your files are intact.
      Karthikl
    • phanicmsf
      Subscriber
      Thank you sir.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.