3D Design

3D Design

How to hide selected faces in spaceclaim

• granzer
      Subscriber

Hello,

We are using Spaceclaim 18.2. I had imported surfaces (which encloses a volume but 'solid' wasn't created just yet) in iges format. I created solids from these surfaces in SpaceClaim. Creating the solid removed all the surfaces from the structure tree and put all the surfaces into a solid as expected. Now when I select any of the face that make up the solid and try to hide it, the whole solid gets hidden instead of just the selected face. I want to hide few external faces so I can create name selections from some of the internal faces. So how to hide only selected faces?

• Rahul Kumbhar
      Ansys Employee
      Have you been selecting the face, then right click to select 'Hide' option? Id so this will hide the body. You should following option, select face>>right click>>'Face'>>Hide Face
    • granzer
      Subscriber
      Thank you. Yes when I had used Spaceclaim 19 I had done the same. But I am not able to fine the 'face' option when I right click after selecting the appropriate faces in version 18.2. I see only 'hide' and 'hide others' option.
    • granzer
      Subscriber
      Found this after a lot of searching! https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/19701/spaceclaim-18-1
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.