January 28, 2022 at 5:43 pmjmontySubscriber
I have been struggling to view the electric field and add a vacuum to a 2D interconnect design. When I follow an instructional video I was provided I do not see the electric field. I have already tried the following:
Select all objects in design --> Field Overlays --> CG Fields --> E --> VectorE --> All Objects selected --> click done
... but I don't see the electric field. I also don't know how to add a "dummy vacuum sheet" added around the structure to plot the fields. I need to do this for four separate designs. The images attached show what I'm trying to do.January 29, 2022 at 3:44 amFebruary 1, 2022 at 3:24 pmPraneethAnsys Employee
Please go to the draw tab in the user interface and draw a new rectangle and then assign vacuum to it.
It looks like the model is not solved. Please check again.
While plotting select all and then plot.
All the very best.
February 1, 2022 at 3:56 pmjmontySubscriberpmunaga, the model was solved, but I did finally figure out the reason the electric field would not work. I had to "enable" the enterprise/professional/super special license of Ansys electronics desktop before the e-field/magnetic field tools would work properly.
Viewing 3 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Illegal External Terminal – assigning current to a coil
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
- Failed to recover curve outlines
- Domain Decomposition in HFSS
- Feeding experimental data (temperature) in to Ansys to get conductivity
- meshing problem
Top Rated Tags