Tagged: ansys-ls-dyna, cores, hpc-licence, mechanical-apdl
February 4, 2022 at 6:07 pmMohammadMahdiSubscriber
Hi. We recently bought "Ansys Ls-Dyna HPC 8 cores" but do not know how to change our previous 1-core analysis (SMP-single precision) into HPC 8-core analysis. Before, I used to run my .k files with APDL>LS-DYNA solver with no HPC. How about now?
- To increase the No. of processors from 1 to 8, should I change anything in my original .k file?
- Should I use another solver than what I already used? I used to run my k files with SMP-single precision?
- Please take a look at the picture below, that is what I tried. Is that what I am supposed to do?
Thank you in advance for your valuable help.February 11, 2022 at 4:19 pmMohammadMahdiSubscriberUpdate:
The problem was related to the server definition. Now, it's fixed and I'm able to run my .k files using DMP without changing anything in my original .k file.
However, the results I get from HPC-DMP-Intel MPI(8 cores) are different from when I use SMP-single precision (1 core). I changed nothing in my .k file. Please let me know which one I can trust? SMP-one core or HPC-8 core?
February 15, 2022 at 12:03 amReno GenestAnsys Employee
When you run HPC-DMP, you are using the MPP version of the LS-DYNA solver and you will get slightly different results with different number of cores. For example, the same model run with MPP 1 core will be give slightly different results than with 2 cores, or 4 cores, or 6 cores, etc.
You could run with SMP 8 cores and consistency checking and get the same results as with 1 SMP core. I recommend you try it:
How much is the difference (in percentage) between MPP 8 cores and SMP 1 core?
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Error with workbench SceneGraphChart
- How can I renew ANSYS student version license?
- License Error
- Workbench error
- Workbench not opening
- Sizing on Ansys Workbench 19.2
- Error: Exception of type ‘Ansys.Fluent.Cortex.Cortex not availableException’ was thrown
- Licensing error while opening ANSYS Mechanical
- Ansys2021R2 ansys212 seg faults immediately on RHEL8.2
- An error occurred when the post processor attempted to load a specific result.
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.