TAGGED: ansys-workbench, aqwa, python, wave
May 26, 2022 at 8:03 amflyingzazaSubscriberHi everybody. Recently I am working in a project to evaluate the impact of hydrofoils on ships, and I am planning to use the user_force to import the external force generated by the hydrofoils (Acually I was programming in python script, not sure if it is still called user_force or not).
However, during calculating the external force, I need the wave elevation in a specific point (which is the locating of the hydrofoils) as an input to the formula, is there any methods that allows the user_force to get this data? Any help appreciated.
May 26, 2022 at 1:54 pmYu BiAnsys EmployeeSorry, Aqwa currently cannot pass wave elevation at a specific point to the user_force scripts.
May 27, 2022 at 2:14 amflyingzazaSubscriberThanks for informing, temporarily I am planning to input the wave elevation manually by run the solution without the RUFC order and save the wave elevation to a csv file, much appreciation!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Colors and Mesh Display
- material damping and modal analysis
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.