August 14, 2018 at 7:19 pmmekafimeSubscriber
How I can to improve my model in Ansys, for the report?. Equivalent Von Misses Stress is greater than 250 MPa.
August 14, 2018 at 7:37 pmSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
Hi, Please elaborate on why it is a problem? If it is greater than what you input in the yield stress, please see if this discussion helps?
August 14, 2018 at 8:36 pmmekafimeSubscriber
August 14, 2018 at 9:05 pm
August 14, 2018 at 9:55 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
@Sandeep, mekafime found that plot in this discussion.
@mekafime, that graphic was not generated by ANSYS. The data in the graphics was. The data can be gathered manually, but meshing, solving, and then writing down the element size and Max Stress in an Excel spreadsheet. Then Save As the model, change the element size, solve and write the next data point into Excel.
Alternatively, you can use a Parameter on the Mesh Sizing control, and use Workbench Parameter Set to type in the series of element sizes you want as an input and mark as an output Parameter the Max Stress, then lest Workbench Solve All Design Points and let the automation of Workbench automatically generate the table that you could do manually with Excel and Mechanical.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.