Fluids

Fluids

How to improve the mapping summary in fluid-solid coupling

• h395523899
      Subscriber
      When I do fluid-solid coupling calculations, the flow field calculations always do not converge. Mapping summary Less than 50%. I think it may be caused by a different grid painting of the flow field and the structure field. However, meshing automatically encrypts the flow field boundary mesh. The structure field grid is not encrypted.The reason why the mapping summary is low is because the mesh of the coupling plane is not drawn the same? If so, how can I draw the same?
    • raul.raghav
      Subscriber

What do you mean by encrypted and unencrypted grid? Can you attach some images of the geometry? Please refer to the guidelines to get the answers as efficiently as possible.

The low mapping percentage is usually an indication of how close the geometry of the solid and the fluid. Or in other words, how closely the interface between the solid and fluid matches. You might want to check your geometry and make changes to it.

• h395523899
      Subscriber

Let me talk about my model first.

There are four pillars sandwiched between the two cuboids, and the flow field is between the pillars.

The pillars are one of the four flying circles and are distributed on the four corners.

Influence of gap deformation between simulated strut on flow field

My understanding of Mapping summary Less is

The mesh size and position of the flow field portion and the solid portion require a maximum one-to-one correspondence. Similar to the interior in fluent. I don't know if I understand this right.

On this basis, I want to draw the grid of the flow field part and the grid of the solid part.

But when meshing divides the cfd grid, the boundaries are automatically encrypted. Thus, the mesh of the flow field portion and the solid portion cannot be in one-to-one correspondence.

• raul.raghav
      Subscriber

Just to make sure that I understand this correctly: The fluid domain is 4mm thick and is located at the center in between the two solid cuboids? And do the pillars extend throughout the entire domain?

• h395523899
      Subscriber

Fluid domain thickness 4mm

At present, I do not need to consider the deformation of the support column to extend into the fluid domain. This can be too complicated.

The support column is only used as a support, mainly to simulate the deformation below the fluid domain.

• h395523899
      Subscriber

I changed my model slightly and improved the mapping percentage.

But the following error occurred

system coupling run completed with errors.fluid flow(fluent)(solution1)reported:fluent encountered fatal error after sync point solve

the setup component in fluid flow(fluent) requires user input before it can be updated.for instructions on how to address the cell in its current state,click the blue triangle in the lower right corner of the cell.

Is this a problem with my dynamic grid settings?

• raul.raghav
      Subscriber

I believe this is a generalized error in the Fluent module. Can you check what the instructions suggest you to do?

the setup component in fluid flow(fluent) requires user input before it can be updated.for instructions on how to address the cell in its current state,click the blue triangle in the lower right corner of the cell. 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.