Electronics

Electronics

How to including permanent magnet in PM core?

• umozumder
      Subscriber

Hi,

I have taken a PM core from user-defined primitive for my Maxwell 3D model. But I am not finding any options for How can I put PM in the magnet core.

I am attaching the image.

Thank you in advance.

• Navya C
      Ansys Employee

Use the same user-defined primitive. Give all the same values that you gave for the core.
      Now, somewhere in the last options (read the description to the right of the inputs), You will see input 1 for core and 0 for magnets. Just input 0 and save. You should see magnets filled in the core.

Regards Navya
    • umozumder
      Subscriber
      Hi
      Thanks for your reply. That helps.
      I have taken 6 permanent magnets in the PM core. I am trying to define 3 as north and the other 3 as south. Could you please help me with how to do that?

• Navya C
      Ansys Employee
      when you assign a permanent magnet to an object the default North direction considered is +ve X-axis.
      I suggest you create a local coordinate system for each of the magnets (at the corner of the magnet) such that +ve X-axis points towards the north direction and change the reference coordinate system for that object as the local coordinate system created for it and then assign magnetic material.
      For two opposite magnets, you can use the same local coordinate system but keep the X component unit vector as -1 in the magnetic material definition window.

Regards Navya
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.