TAGGED: #fluent-#ansys, baffle, mesh, meshing
February 22, 2023 at 5:28 amMitSubscriber
I am getting the following error while meshing (surface mesh step) a geomerty in FLUENT. Since "external baffles" is not a name selection or a solid in my geometry, how do I identify what zones the software is referring to here? I have looked through the face zones under display option but couldn't find it. Appreciate any thoughts or suggestions on how to figure this out
February 22, 2023 at 2:35 pmSRPSubscriber
The error may arise:
1) CAD is not imported properly.
2) Surface mesh may get overlap
Try to repair geometry in spaceclaim.
February 22, 2023 at 4:27 pmFederico Alzamora PrevitaliSubscriber
Hi, I suggest you bring inspect your geometry in SpaceClaim. In the structure tree, right click on your model and select Check Geometry. SpaceClaim will hightlight any potential faults in your geometry.
I hope this helps!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- how to improve the inflation quality at sharp corners?
- ANSYS Workbench Measuring within Design
- check element type
- The mesh file exporter could not resolve cyclic dependencies in overlapping contact regions error
- Meshing Error
- How to resolve Mesh Failure
- Conformal vs Non-Conformal Mesh
- Error in meshing
- execution error inside the mesher. The process suffered an unhandled exception or ran out of memory
- inflation created stairstep mesh at some location
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.