Ansys Products

Ansys Products

How to install or start ANSYS GRANTA Selector (2022 R2)?

• Pin Pin Tan
      Subscriber

Hi all,

I came across online resource that Granta have example of material properties for silicone rubber, which I need for some transient analysis (to simulate the damping effect of such material during impact). I do have license for Granta selector (not MI, which was mentioned in the resource above), but was unable to access it directly in Workbench nor through the link it directed (show page under maintenance forever). I was unable to find useful info in the support page as well. Anyone have any idea how to solve this? Or how can I install/access the library? Thanks!

Bests,
      Pin

• George Karnos
      Ansys Employee

You can download Granta Selector from:
      https://download.ansys.com/Current+Release#

Unzip the download and you will see an Installation Guide.

• Pin Pin Tan
      Subscriber

Thanks George! :D

• Pin Pin Tan
      Subscriber

Hi George,

I've installed the package but now facing problem in setting up the license for it. There's 4 Granta selector licenses in my license pool, and the port being used was 2325 instead of the default 1055. When installing the package I keyed in the license server address as per my client licence setting, but got first error message 1 while trying to launch Granta selector from Workbench after restarting the PC.

I tried reinstall the package after failing to find license configuration setting sepcifically for Granta selector, but this time with 1055 as port. Now I'm met with the 2nd error message.

Any idea how I can solve this apart from restarting the license server (it was at another continent with different time zone and can't be remote access from my side...) ?
      Thanks again!

Bests,
      Pin

• George Karnos
      Ansys Employee

Are you able to check out ANY licenses from the license server that is on another continent?

What license maager is installed on the license server on another continent? It is ANSYS License Manager?

• Pin Pin Tan
      Subscriber

Hi George,

Thanks for the prompt reply!
      Yes I'm able to retrieve info and list of license using ANSYS Client Licensing Setting app. Attached is the screenshot of Granta licenses available.

Yes, the license manager being installed was ANSYS license manager

Bests,
      Pin

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.