Fluids

Fluids

how to know whether my scheme is explicit or implicit? I used cfx to do fluid-structure-interaction.

• xiaoling
      Subscriber
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      It'll depend on what you set in the solver(s). Also check mesh, bc's and what is moving (and by how much). n
    • xiaoling
      Subscriber
      Hi Rob,nnThank you for your reply. I improved the mesh quality (now orthoganal is 0.98, aspect raio is 1.5), and also I reduced the time step to fullfil the CFL condition. However, it still can not converge. nthis is from the ansys error filenthis is from the monitor out filenI am quite confused about ''the outlet wall, I dont have outlet wall..... is it because the boundary condition. in the outlet, I only set the pressure as the ambient pressure, and also the heat flux is 0. anyproblem?nI am just starting learning CFX. and have spent several days figuring this problem. I am grateful if you can give me some hints. Thank you !!!nn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      In CFX you have the option to prevent reverse flow on an outlet boundary: the wall is created in the solver to permit this. nWhat are you trying to model, and how do the results look? Note, I cover Fluent so am not an expert with CFX. n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.