Fluids

Fluids

How to make a time vs volume fraction graph in Ansys Fluent 2020 R1 (Student Product)?

• Stefanotepo0
      Subscriber

Hi all, I have modeled lot of multiphase models for my dissertation, consisting water (in red) and methane (in green). I want to plot graphs of time vs volume fraction of methane and do not know exactly how.
      Can someone explains the steps on how to plot a time vs volume fraction graph in Ansys Fluent? To show more details, I am using Ansys Fluent 2020 R1 which is free for student.
      Please, someone help. I appreciate deeply to any kind of help
      Sincerely,

Stefano

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Look at Report Definitions. You'll also need a point or surface depending on what you want to monitor to provide a location for the monitor. 

• Stefanotepo0
      Subscriber

Dear rwoolhou,
      Thank you so much, you helped me a lot. but the plot has been saved as an .out file. Do you know how to read that file and import it to the excel?
      Sincerely

Stefano

• Stefanotepo0
      Subscriber

That's alright, it is solved now. Thank you so much rwoolhou.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

To add for others looking at the thread, the .out file is text based and usually reads into Excel as space delimited for the purpose of plotting the output. 

• iferemike1
      Subscriber
      good day im doing something similar, i am modelling a multiphase air water flow in an horizontal pipe, im to plot liquidholdup vs time. can you give me any heads up on setting the fluent solver, im using vof k-e, and my geometry has two inlets. i also want to obtain pressure gradient after simulatingn
    • iferemike1
      Subscriber
      a little help with boundary conditionsn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      This will help with the free surface position, https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/4891/measuring-water-depth-of-a-channel-flow-in-ansys-fluent As for the boundary conditions please post a new thread. n
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.