Preprocessing

Preprocessing

How to make an interference fit at Design Modeler?

• BrunoSilva
      Subscriber

Hello everyone, I would like to simulate a 2D plane strain model of a interference fit (as showed in the picture below).

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      After you sketch the pin, click on the plane and insert a New Sketch.n
    • BrunoSilva
      Subscriber
      Sorry Peter, I tried and didn't work out. Could you add more pictures about that method? Maybe I'm not doing something or doing it wrong.n
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      First select XY PlanenCreate a sketch for D1. Here you will see sketch1 inserted under XY Plane. nThen again select XY Plane. Click on New Sketch as shown by Peter. Here you will see sketch2 inserted under XY plane. Select this sketch2. Now create sketch for D2. nPlease see help manual for more details about these commands. nRegards,nKeyurnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning ForumnHow to access ANSYS help linksnn
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      nThanks to for expanding on the method. I will add even more detail to his steps.nsketch2 has two closed shapes: a circle a bit smaller than the circle in sketch1 and a square.n
    • BrunoSilva
      Subscriber
      Ok, this is exactly what I did step by step:nn1: Creation of Sketch1 in XYPlanen2: Drawing a circle of D1 = 30 mmn3: Surface from Sketch using Sketch1 as base objectn4: Creation of a new sketch into XYPlanen5: Drawing a circle (on Sketch2) of D2 = 29, 99 mmn6: Drawing a square (in Sketch2 again) of edge A = 40 mmn7: Surface from sketch using Sketch2 as a base object:nAs you can see, I get two surfaces but 1 part/body. I want to get two separate parts/bodies.n
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      Create separate sketch3 for rectangular sketch.
    • akikenmachine
      Subscriber
      I did a similar sketchnIt will be added as another surface by changing [Details] to [Operation] to [Freeze].n
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      Use Add Frozen when you are creating the second Surface From Sketch.nThe default is Add Material, which unites the two bodies into one part, which is not what you want.n
    • BrunoSilva
      Subscriber
      Thank you so much to all of you for helping me! Add Frozen option did the job!n
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.