Fluids

Fluids

How to make same size Mesh in specific area?

• Lee ByeongGwon
      Subscriber

Hi, I'm ansys fluent beginner and student version user.

I want to make mesh with same size in specific area, and other is not, with total 2*10^5 mesh.

how can I control mesh size? I'm now analysis in 2D (Part body to Surface body using thin/surface tools).

left figure is mine, and I want to make like right figure. 

in left, I use Edge sizing with walls, and change Elements size, Growth rate. but there are no notable changes.

• C N
      Ansys Employee

Hello

I recommend you to use ansys fluent watertight workflow geometry in that use the local refinement region option to create a specific mesh size in specific regions. For further understanding please refer this Ansys innovation course . Hope this may solve your problem.

Add Local Sizing - ANSYS Innovation Courses

Thanks

• Lee ByeongGwon
        Subscriber

Thank you for your reply. now I register the lecture

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

To add, make sure you have CFD Fluent (or CFX) set in the meshing preferences. That looks like a fluidic oscillator so you want a fine mesh on that whole region: you may want to split the faces to allow better control of the cell size and don't just rely on inflation. 

• Lee ByeongGwon
        Subscriber

Yes, I set this file in Fluid Flow(Fluent) because I want to see Mach number, Pressure animation, and it's exactly fluidic oscillator.

Previously, I try to use face split with edge sizing, but it didn;t work properly. thkin about that, maybe my setting was wrong.

I'll check face split manual. thank you.   

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Don't apply too many local sizing options, use size functions etc and remember to focus cell count in areas with high gradients. The y+ criterion is just ONE of the things to consider, the trap is that many only consider y+ so don't get a very good solution.  An oscillator with shocks, that's going to be an interesing simulation! 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.