Fluids

Fluids

How to make Volume extract

• hamiddehkordi
    Subscriber
    Thank you so much, I used DM for volume extract.
    and now I have another situation: I do not know how to define the walls of the fluid in mesh since they are merges with leafguard (the middle web)(follow blue circles), the side walls are ok but not the front and back

• Rob
    Ansys Employee
    You can pick the faces and give them a label (Named Selection). You'll need to do that with all of the walls you want to have a unique label. More critically, where does the fluid get in and out?
  • hamiddehkordi
    Subscriber
    Hey Rob
    thanks for the reply, input is from top and output from bottom
    is it only for unique lable or later in settings I can add wall boundary easily?
    please look at the left side of green photo (inside the blue circle) should I select all the surfaces is going inside?
    I want to select the middle web area as porous zone but since from left and right it is connect to walls I do not know how to separate them
  • Rob
    Ansys Employee
    If you want a porous zone it's a cell zone (volume) condition, and you won't need the grate. You may find it easier to pick the main walls, and then hide those faces: then box-select the grate.
  • hamiddehkordi
    Subscriber
    Thanks but I do not still know how i should treat the end connections of the grater and the walls, they are connected through grater
  • Rob
    Ansys Employee
    You need to decide which bit is porous media and which bit is solid. That comes down to what you're wanting to learn.
  • hamiddehkordi
    Subscriber
    Thanks Rob, I will see, I might come back to you for some other tips.
  • Viewing 8 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.