May 5, 2022 at 8:31 pmDYLiangSubscriber
I have a ball-like solid geometry and I want to measure the average distance of the external surface of this geometry to its center. I know the center's coordinates (x0, y0, z0). And I was using custom field function as
sqrt((x-x0)^2 + (y-y0)^2 + (z-z0)^2), x,y and z are from mesh-> x,y and z-coordinateMay 5, 2022 at 10:10 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriberIf the solid is ball-like, as in like a sphere, you could get the radius of the sphere r = 3V/A where V is the volume of the solid and A is the surface area of the solid.
This formula comes from the volume of a sphere V = 4/3 Pi*r^3 and the surface area of a sphere A = 4Pi r^2.
May 6, 2022 at 12:10 amDYLiangSubscriberThank you for the reply. It is like a sphere but not exactly. There are some protuberances and cracks that affect the surface and volume. So, I still want to calculate distance based on coordinates...
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Conformal vs Non-Conformal Mesh
- ANSYS Workbench Measuring within Design
- Error in meshing
- The mesh file exporter could not resolve cyclic dependencies in overlapping contact regions error
- Ansys 19.0 – will not create mesh
- Meshing Error
- Can I view which mesh files (the names of them) are loaded into Fluent?
- Mathematical model stuck at 1% with a warning of remote displacement
- how to improve the inflation quality at sharp corners?
- Dealing with inflation layers around sharp corners in Ansys workbench meshing
Top Rated Tags