March 25, 2022 at 12:10 pmasierogSubscriber
Hello, I am trying to do a Modal Analysis of a 500k element model. In the begining the model had some frictionless contact that had to be changed by No-Separation contacts. The model also has fixed supports and compression only supports. I tried to solve the model but it was impossible, so I decided to change the compression only supports for displacement constraints, setting X,Y free and Z=0, but I know they aren´t equal. Does it exist some way to model a compression-only support with displacement constraints, or is it possible to solve the model using compression only support?
Thank you in advance,
A.O.G.March 25, 2022 at 2:04 pmJohn DoyleAnsys EmployeeThe compression only support is simulated using a rigid-flex contact pair under the hood. The contact surface will not penetrate across the rigid target, but is free to separate. It should be in a closed and sliding status. For the modal, it should be reduced to its linear equivalent, which would be no-separation. I think your manually defined displacement constraints do same thing, assuming Z is normal to the compression only surface.
March 28, 2022 at 7:18 amasierogSubscriberThank you very much Regards from Spain
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.