November 4, 2022 at 8:39 pmMehdi BaghaeeSubscriber
I want to model a delamination in a composite shell. For this purpose I want to use element shell 281 in ANSYS apdl. I meshed two plate exactly in a same location but with different defined cross-sections. I defined contact between them through preprocessor>modeling>create>contact pair, but when I apply force nothing happens between them (only one-sided deflection appears).
Do you know where the problem is?
November 5, 2022 at 2:04 amSean HarveyAnsys Employee
Check the contact normals to make sure they shells are oriented properly with normals pointing to each other. This is the first thing I would try.
November 5, 2022 at 12:52 pmMehdi BaghaeeSubscriber
I did so, but no succsess. I enclosed file. you can check.
November 6, 2022 at 10:22 pmSean HarveyAnsys Employee
So, it might be happening is you are loading too quickly and the contact is not detected. You should turn on auto time stepping (autos, on) and then set the NSUBST command so that you are breaking the load into smaller amounts (set min, max, and initial), as what could be happening is the force you apply is enough to push the parts beyond contact (larger than the contact pinball region).
Please try this.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.