Materials

Materials

How to model Carbon Nano Tube in Concrete using the RVE in Material Designer?

• samta0603
      Subscriber
      I have modelled the CNT and Concrete using Random UD in Material Designer. But I am not sure if this is correct, it is working for a specific fiber volume fraction and for higher fiber volume fraction it is not meshing the model. Please guide me with some Steps, finally I want to do the compression test for the sample.n
    • ramgopisetti
      Subscriber
      it will mesh as long as you are not too aggressive with percentage of cnt and mesh size , however, based on system you use it might take time to compute and update mesh.that said, These are my initial guess , if you could able to post the image with proxy percentages you could get better support here ncheers, Ramn
    • samta0603
      Subscriber
      Thank you . I have kept the percentage really less starting from 0.15% of cement. I have generated the results also, I used UD Random Composite, it gave the results, but to study the effect of orientation I wanted to model in Chopped Fiber Composite, but there it is showing some memory issue. I have a 8GB Ram laptop, it says it needs 4GB, but still it is not working.nIt is asking to increase the virtual memory, I tried that also. But still it is having memory problem.nAlso I performed the compression on the cuboid of size 150mm, as I increase the % of CNT the total deformation and equivalent stress is decreasing but the normal stress is increasing, what can be the mistake?n
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.