March 22, 2021 at 1:15 pmJools303Subscriber
I am new user of ANSYS and I am using the student version for my master thesis.
I am modelling a 14m length of rail and I want to obtain the deflection and stresses in the rail and also the fastening system by applying a point load to the rail. The fastening system is modelled as springs in vertical and lateral direction attached to a stiff concrete block. I am modelling it as a simply support beam with 1 end fixed and 1 end allowing movement in the x-direction.March 23, 2021 at 2:18 pm1shanAnsys EmployeeHelloArray,nCould you change the applied by spring setting from remote to direct attachment and check if it solves the issue. nRegards,Ishan.nMarch 23, 2021 at 2:32 pmJools303SubscriberHi Ishan,nThanks for the reply! I tried changing spring setting to direct attachment that but it didn't work for me. I did manage to solve it though! nI made multiple face splits at the bottom face of the rail at 700mm spacings (Spacing of fastening system). Then I attached 2 springs to each edge. I managed to obtain similar results to Zimmermann calcs. nnViewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.