Fluids

Fluids

How to model the vaping process of a solid puck in Fluent?

• bibo
      Subscriber

Hi all,

I would like to model the vaporization of a solid puck mounted on a hot metal plate with fluent. 
      The hot metal plate vaporize the puck and the vapor is then mixed with the ambient air and I would like to study the mixture combination and temperature.

Could anyone please help me with idea on that?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

If you combine the solidification models with a multiphase phase change it ought to work, but depending on the simulation time scale that could take a fair while to solve.

Do you need to see the puck change shape, or could you add vapour into the cells next to the puck based on local temperature, partial pressure etc?

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Does the puck directly vaporates without passing to the molten liquid state: sublimation?

• bibo
      Subscriber

Thanks  rwoolhou for your reply.
      Good to hear that it could work. So it would be much better if I could see the puck shape change. So what different things needed to be done for each of the two methods you mentioned? i.e
      1) seeing the puck shape change
      2) 
      adding vapour into the cells next to the puck based on the temperature

Thanks

• bibo
      Subscriber

Hi Amine,
      Thanks for the reply.
      The solid puck is in touch with a heating element and air passes over it as well so the the puck vapour and the air mix together an the hot mixture gets out of the control volume.

Thanks.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.