October 11, 2018 at 2:14 pmbiboSubscriber
I would like to model the vaporization of a solid puck mounted on a hot metal plate with fluent.
The hot metal plate vaporize the puck and the vapor is then mixed with the ambient air and I would like to study the mixture combination and temperature.
Could anyone please help me with idea on that?
October 11, 2018 at 4:08 pmRobAnsys Employee
If you combine the solidification models with a multiphase phase change it ought to work, but depending on the simulation time scale that could take a fair while to solve.
Do you need to see the puck change shape, or could you add vapour into the cells next to the puck based on local temperature, partial pressure etc?
October 12, 2018 at 4:49 amDrAmineAnsys Employee
Does the puck directly vaporates without passing to the molten liquid state: sublimation?
October 12, 2018 at 7:39 pmbiboSubscriber
Thanks rwoolhou for your reply.
Good to hear that it could work. So it would be much better if I could see the puck shape change. So what different things needed to be done for each of the two methods you mentioned? i.e
1) seeing the puck shape change
2) adding vapour into the cells next to the puck based on the temperature
October 12, 2018 at 7:41 pmbiboSubscriber
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.