September 4, 2020 at 7:09 amAmbarNaik13Subscriber
Hello, I am working on a project in which I need to replace the weld seams in a large structure by mechanical joints such as clinching. I have to make sure that the stiffness of the mechanically joined structure is similar to that of welded structure.
I have done static structural simulation of the welded structure for a load case using bonded contacts. But I guess, the bonded contacts gives the structure more stiffness than it actually has. Is the method of using bonded contacts correct? If not, how can one model weld seams in ANSYS Mechanical workbench for structural analysis of the structure?September 4, 2020 at 1:57 pmAshish KhemkaAnsys Employee
You can try using joints and then define the stiffness in given direction:
Regards Ashish Khemka
October 6, 2020 at 11:38 amAshish KhemkaAnsys Employee
Are you looking for a different approach?
Regards Ashish Khemka
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.