November 8, 2022 at 12:26 pmRobert ClarkSubscriber
Working through this lesson "How to Navigate the Ansys Workbench UI — Lesson 1". I downloaded the files from the ANSYS page, and ANSYS doesnt seem to like the provided geometry file. I am getting this error when i try to use it.
The file will load when I open it in space claim, but will still not link to the geometry. Not sure what the issue is here. This is ANSYS 2022 R2.
November 8, 2022 at 1:39 pmSaumadeepAnsys Employee
Hi Robert, I have checked on my end and I see no such error. I have tried in ANSYS 2022 R2 as well.
I would suggest you to reset the app data and then re-download the geometry file and try again to see if the problem persists.
Follow the steps below to reset ANSYS Appdata:
- Exit ANSYS, if you are using it currently.
- Go to Start > Run
- Enter %APPDATA%
- A folder explorer window will open
- Open the Ansys folder. Look for the Ansys version you are using, for example, v222, and rename it to v222_Old
- Launch ANSYS and refresh the project
- Regards, Saumadeep
November 8, 2022 at 3:22 pmGary StofanAnsys Employee
Exit Anys and SpaceClaim
Run the Ansys CAD Configuration Manager "Run As Adminstrator"
Select: "SpaceClaim" checkbox..
Select: Configure Selected CAD interfaces...
Confirm the log displays: "SC Workbench PlugIn ..... Configure Success"
November 8, 2022 at 10:09 pmRobert ClarkSubscriber
Thanks for the fix!!!
The Discovery Workbench Plugin is not configured, will that mess anything up for me in the future?
November 9, 2022 at 1:17 pmGary StofanAnsys Employee
Discovery was probably not installed. If not, the plugin will not configure.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How can i get stress-strain data points for defining Multilinear isotropic hardening in Ansys
- Reynolds Number in Fully Developed Turbulent Flow
- Opening course files using ANSYS 19.1
- Error: WorkBench Error: Could not handle event: SolutionStatusUpdate Error Object: #f
- Mesh fail
- Turbulent flow
- Ansys innvoation course files
- Coriolis Flowmeter 2 way FSI workshop files
- Formula SAE Composite Monocoque Chassis Analysis – Geometry File
- How to get the Ansys Course Completion: Intro to Python Badge
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.