March 21, 2020 at 6:33 amChinmaySubscriber
I am currently doing a project where I insert a zinc body in a copper casing while deforming it. There is frictional contact between them, I gave displacement as Input, I got the animation where it deforms the copper casing but I wish to obtain how much force is required to push zinc body inside copper casing in terms of graph. I tried "Force Convergence:" in output but it's not giving me required results. Can anyone please help ? Following is the animation which I obtained.
March 21, 2020 at 11:47 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
Right click on the Solution branch. Insert a Probe > Reaction Force > select the Displacement boundary condition. That will create a graph of the Insertion Force vs Time. If the insertion distance is 5 mm, you can make the End Time 5 seconds, then the graph can be interpreted to be Force vs Displacement.
April 29, 2020 at 6:19 amChinmaySubscriber
Thank you Sir for your reply. This solved my query.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.