January 24, 2022 at 7:56 pmagarwa20SubscriberWhat is the relation between the number of input design parameters and the number of samples required for Latin hypercube sampling.
August 1, 2022 at 1:44 pmMarkusAnsys Employee
optiSLang automatically creates the sampling (optimally placing Designs in the Design Space) for you.
Your question is probably, how many samples are required for a given set of input parameters?
The required number of samples depends on the number of important input variables (the important variables can be seen in the Postprocessing using MOP and COP, more details are here. https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v222/en/opti_multi_disc/opti_multi_disc_metamodel.html).
Using a too small number of samples in high dimensional problems may lead to a wrong selection or deselection of minor important or unimportant input variables.
Best practices are:
- Use 2 times more samples than input variables (if possible) to reduce input correlation errors and to reduce probability of wrong selection or deselection.
- Use at least 50 to 100 samples in order to get suitable estimates of variance-based input variable importance.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Errors about integrate executable into ANSYS Workbench using ACT
- Local Sensitivity and Sensitivities: what difference?
- How many designs are generated while performing optimization using Optislang with NLPQL?
- Optislang workbench add-in
- Parameter relationships for Optimization
- Design of Experiment points: Design Exploration
- ANSYS Optislang
- DOE all design points give the same results as the first calculation
- DesignXplorer vs optiSLang for Workbench CFD Optimization
- Parametric study: Batch mode
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.