September 27, 2023 at 9:23 pmAlek NinoSubscriber
I am currently running an LES simulation in Fluent and post processing in CFD Post. In Fluent the unsteady velocity components are shown as RMSE Velocity for each of the velocity components and in CFD Post I can only see RMS Velocity components. How is RMSE defined in CFD Post? I'd like to take each of the velocity components and calculate the RMSE values for them to define other expressions in CFD Post. I am happy to share any other information that may be needed to better answer my question.
October 3, 2023 at 2:29 pmFederico Alzamora PrevitaliAnsys Employee
I believe they are the same thing, where they are meant to to characterize the fluctuating component of the velocity field in the turbulent flow.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.