June 6, 2018 at 10:08 amewoldSubscriber
I have spent a lot of time creating some really nice meshes in the materialise suite (mimcs/3matic) and would like to export the meshes directly to Workbench instead of going through the process of generating meshes in Workbench. I have tried generating the meshes in workbench from the mimics .stl files but I keep getting error after error during mesh generation. Mimics exports the meshes for Ansys as .cdb files. Can these be imported directly into Workbench? Whenever I try to import .cdb is not listed as a readable file type. Thanks!
June 6, 2018 at 2:55 pmraul.raghavSubscriber
See attached solution pdf and let us know if it fixes your problem.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- ANSYS Workbench Measuring within Design
- How to resolve Mesh Failure
- check element type
- The mesh file exporter could not resolve cyclic dependencies in overlapping contact regions error
- Meshing Error
- Error in meshing
- Conformal vs Non-Conformal Mesh
- Ansys 19.0 – will not create mesh
- Dealing with inflation layers around sharp corners in Ansys workbench meshing
- execution error inside the mesher. The process suffered an unhandled exception or ran out of memory
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.