October 29, 2017 at 5:54 pmM MárkSubscriber
I'm fairly new to Ansys, and I need to simulate a Shape Memory Alloy. In the help, I found an SMA test case (VM221) amongst the verification test cases, wich looks like it would be a solid base for what I need. I found the .dat file containing what looks like the input script for this simulation, but I couldn't find a way to open it in either Ansys AIM, or Workbench, despite intensive consulting with google for half a day.
So is there a way to run these test cases?
October 29, 2017 at 8:10 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
Assuming you are working on a Windows OS, copy the vm221.dat file from this folder
C:Program FilesANSYS Incv182ansysdataverif
to a folder you want to use, say
Open a command window and set the current directory to that folder.
Paste the command below into the command window (make any edits to the path you need) or put that string into a run.bat file and type run.bat at the command line (this is what I did).
"C:Program FilesANSYS Incv182ansysbinwinx64ANSYS182.exe" -b nolist -j file -i vm221.dat -o vm221.out -np 4
This will run ANSYS using 4 cores. Use -np 2 at the end if you have only 2 cores.
Once ANSYS finishes, there will be some files in that directory.
I generally avoid reading or writing APDL, the programming language behind the ANSYS system, but you can start Mechanical APDL 18.2 in the ANSYS menu. Then you can open the file.db and you will see that the model is a 5 mm cube.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.