Electronics

Electronics

How to parallel the current source in Maxwell 3D eddy solver

• Jason C
      Subscriber

Hi experts,

Could you tell me how to parallel the current source in Maxwell 3D eddy current solver?

I have a transformer and I want to parallel the secondary side, but I don't know how to parallel it.

and I also want to see the current density in each parallel winding.

I try to search Maxwell help document, but it seems it doesn't mention it.

so I need some suggestion from Ansys expert help, thanks.

• HDLI
      Ansys Employee

Hello Jason,

There are two methods to define parallel circuit.

1). Same equivalent current in each parallel branch

a). Define coil terminals and windings, please review Maxwell menu, Help->Maxwell PDFs -> Maxwell getting started guides -> Maxwell transient problem. It is same operations to define the winding and coil terminal between eddy current and transient solver.

b). Enter number of parallel branch in the winding setting, and then Maxwell would make the same equivalent current for each coil.

2). Use Maxwell external circuit, to simulate current distribution for each parallel branch.

a). Define each parallel branch as one winding.

b). Build external circuit to present the parallel circuit, please review above tutorial.

We may need export and import netlist of the external circuit. Please review the manual or this KM, https://support.ansys.com/KnowledgeResources/Solutions?solutionIdentifier=sol2068012&productName=ANSYS+Maxwell&productFamily=Electronics.

Thanks.

HDLI

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.