Fluids

Fluids

How to perform a flow boiling simulation of sodium using E_E multiphase model

• matus
      Subscriber
      HellonI would like do a flow boiling simulation of sodium fluid in a annular vertical flow region. A variable heat flux is applied at the boundary wall.nI want to perform a unsteady simulation using E_E multiphase model.nThe liquid sodium entering the flow domain at fully saturated state.nI have already done the same simulation using the water by using the non-equilibrium model. nWhat are the changes do I need to make in the present case?nCan I use the same correlations of bubble dynamics used for the water in this case? nThanks n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      You can use non-equilibrium RPI Model or CHF Model. Steady Run is favourized here as it might be very expensive. Try to have a mesh with yplus>30.nAll subgrid models should be checked about their validated. You might have to tune them but that step is required at later stage!n
    • matus
      Subscriber
      Dear AminenThanks for your valuable comment. I really appreciate your help.nUnfortunately, this simulation cannot be run as steady state because the heat flux quantity varies with time.nCan you just give me an idea how I can check the validity of the sub grid model in the present sodium case?ncheersnn
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.