May 16, 2022 at 11:35 amRick17Subscriber
I am trying to perform an FSI simulation in Fluent. The problem that I am currently working on is that when the walls undergo large deformation, the boundary layer elements become distorted and the simulation stops because of the negative volume elements error. Is there any way to maintain a good quality of boundary layer elements other than adjusting the diffusion parameter?
Thank you.May 17, 2022 at 5:57 amKeyur KanadeAnsys EmployeeYou may want to change inflation parameters.
Please check following videos
Ansys Meshing: Inflation:
If possible, you can remove inflation and use only tet or hex elements.
How to access Ansys Online Help Document
Guidelines on the Student Community
May 17, 2022 at 3:48 pmRick17Subscriber
Got it! Thank you very much for your help.
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- The topic ‘How to perform remeshing for 3D boundary layer elements’ is closed to new replies.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- legend min and max
- Ensight hot iron palette from an image
- Streamlines in EnSight using MRI data
- Import MRI data into Ensight
- FLUENT APPLICATIION ERROR
- Total Surface Heat Flux Calculation in Fluent
- Drop Test of a Water-Filled Tube
- Difference between “total pressure” and “absolute pressure”?
- Minimum Orthogonal Quality Less than 0.01 For Transonic Airfoil Flow Analysis
- obtaining pressure distribution by making points in ansys
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.