Fluids

Fluids

How to plot contours from the data generated from report files in fluent

• chakradhar_k
      Subscriber
      I have generated report files in report definitions for velocity magnitude on a specific plane I created, and I assigned to save data for every time step size of '2'. And in calculation activities I kept '0' under Autosave Every(time steps). nThen I completed simulation. nI get data of velocity magnitude on the plane I created in a notepad. But I didn't contours of that data in CFD post analysis. nMy question is how can I get the data of velocity magnitude on the plane that I created from the notepad file of reportfile as contours .n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      The report files are text format, so can be plotted in Excel or the like. CFD Post might read them for xy plots but I'm not sure. nIf you want the contours you need .dat, .dat.h5 (2021R1 or later I think) or .cdat for CFD Post, or use the post processing tools in Fluent. n
    • chakradhar_k
      Subscriber
      How can I get contours from the data in report files. Is there any chance we can convert text format to .dat or .cdat to get contours. n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      You might be able to turn it into a profile to then apply the profile and then save the data, but that's messy and likely to cause problems. It may be quicker to re-run the model. n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.