Electronics

Electronics

How to plot Electric field in Magnetic transient solution type (Maxwell – Simplorer cosimulation)

• arshiah
      Subscriber
      For the co-simulations betweenSimplorer(to model power electronics/ electric circuits) and Maxwell 2D or 3D (to model motors, other parts of machine drives) the Maxwellexcitations should be External windings and the Maxwell solution type should be Magnetic transient to enable the coupling. nBut how can I plot Electric field in my Maxwell model? Since is a magnetic transient model, I can only find B,A, J, H quantities to plot. nI tried using user defined equations, to plot Electric field, but I could only plot dE/dt, and dE/dt does not map geometry I need. Any leads or suggestions to model Electric field in Magnetic simulations would be greatly helpful. Thanks much! Arrayn
    • icellb1
      Ansys Employee
      Hi,nIf you want to simulate electric fields, you need to use electric solvers rather than magnetic solvers. There isn't a transient cosimulation available between electric solver and simplorer, you can extract capacitance matrix and insert it to simplorer. Please refer to dynamic electrostatic coupling in twinbuilder help for more information.n
    • arshiah
      Subscriber
      Thank you so much nI have looked at other answers on how to fix this issue, but all the old Ansys Learning Hub links posted on other questions are broken due to Single Signon option. nSo, could you also please direct me to the resources of the following. n How can I plot E_field on a geometry in simplorer? As per my understanding, simplorer is an circuit simulation tool, and does not include geomtery. nHow to find capacitance matrix and insert it into simplorernI could not find any tutorials on ALH on Cosimulations between Maxwell and simplorer (High frequency example for simulation
      is good, but does not help my model as I need to plot Electrical field over a geometry). So, could you direct me to - Dynamic electrostatic coupling in twinbuildernThanks,nArshiahn
    • icellb1
      Ansys Employee
      Hi,nE_field cannot be plotted on a geometry in simplorer. You can do a electrostatic coupling with simplorer to get a more realistic excitation and put that excitation back to a electric transient solver, and finally you'll need to plot E field in maxwell.nYou can go to this link for all the questions about how to do dynamic electrostatic coupling: https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/Electronics/v211/en/home.htm%23../Subsystems/TwinBuilder/Content/MaxwellDynamicElectrostaticCouplingComponents.htm%3FTocPath%3DTwin%2520Builder%7CTwin%2520Builder%2520Help%7CProduct%2520Coupling%7CMaxwell%2520Coupling%2520Components%7CMaxwell%2520Dynamic%2520Electrostatic%2520Coupling%2520Components%7C_____0nOr you can open the simplorer(twinbuilder) help webpage and search for Dynamic electrostatic coupling.n
    • arshiah
      Subscriber
      Thanks Array, I could go uptil finding the capacitance matrix for my model, and simulating the voltage across the terminals of the imported dynamic electrostatic coupling of the maxwell model. Could you please let me know what do you mean by put that excitation back to a electric transient solver. Does it mean that I can add the voltages I plotted on simplorer in Ansys maxwell. Can I import external excitations into Maxwell?n
    • icellb1
      Ansys Employee
      Hi,nYou can export graphs to datasets by right mouse clicking on a graph and click export, and then import as dataset into maxwell.n
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.