Preprocessing

Preprocessing

How to prevent pilot nodes (and other nodes) from getting a higher numbering than license limit?

Tagged: 

• pilotNodes
      Subscriber
      Hello! nI am encountering a problem with the numbering of nodes exceeding the license limit. Although my model is below the size limits, I get a solution fatal error saying that number of nodes has exceeded the limit. nFirst of all, I would like to point out that I am using Academic Teaching Mechanical and CFD license, so I should have a 256k limit to the number of nodes I am using. I know that this license is active, and regardless I have been able to solve my model with roughly the number of nodes I am using now (84k) - the problem was encountered only after adding one component to the model and specifying some joint connections for it. The problem appears to be the numbering of some remote points which have been altered by adding this component.nThe model already had a bunch of joints using remote points, and after adding the last component which prompted these errors, the remote points used by the existing joints are assigned numbering well above the node limit (numbering of > 1 000 000). I have only found one answer in the forum relating to this problem, where the solution was to redo all of the joints manually and re-mesh the model - I would like to know if there is a better solution since my model has many such joints and I would like to be able to test adding more components without the program automatically assigning high node numbers for the remote points and me having to redo all joints over and over again. For example, is there a command to reduce these numberings after meshing? The mesh numbering compression appears to have no effect on the numbering of the remote points.n
    • 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      ,nCould you try doing this https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/19330/size-limit-of-license.nRegards,nIshan. n
    • pilotNodes
      Subscriber
      Hmm, the joints I am using are not using any explicit remote points. I was looking in the input file, so I could see that remote points were created for these joints. Where should I add the row of code if I have no remote points present in my tree - should I add it directly to the joint?n
    • pilotNodes
      Subscriber
      Perhaps I should clarify further. The snippets where these remote points are defined look like this:nn/com,*********** Create Remote Point Internal Remote Point 158 ***********n! -------- Remote Point Used by Fixed - Geom\Extracted Beam (Extracted Profile2) To Geom\REVE_02-1_RIB_E.par:3 4 --------n*set,_npilot,1121480n_npilot6785=_npilotnet,387,170ntype,387nreal,387nmat,387nkeyo,387,2,1             ! don't fix pilot nodenkeyo,387,4,111111ntshape,pilonen,83506,1121480       ! create pilot node for rigid linkntshapenen,83507,1121480,1115841nnSo note the large number being assigned for the _npilot. How should I intervene here. I tried applying the code snippet you suggested directly to the joints, as well as by promoting the joint to a remote point and giving that (external?) remote point a number, but both of these methods did not seem to affect the numbering given by the code I attached above.n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.