General Mechanical

General Mechanical

how to put a measure in ansys mechanical

• nad04
      Subscriber

how can i create a contour and measure the depth or the width in my results like this figures

• Samir Kadam
      Ansys Employee
      Hello Array , nHope you are doing great! Sorry for delayed reply on your query. nIn the contour plot images as you shared, it seems the text, values, shapes, arrows etc are added to the images in third party products like Powerpoint or Word or other. But you can get the result values at the desired location in Ansys Mechanical. nFor that, you can go to Results tab and then use Probe tool. You can place the Probe at the desired location on your result contour plot, add an appropriate name (under Note) and it will add it under the Graphics Annotations table. It will fetch the result value and corresponding location at that Probe. Once you have added all your required Probes, you can export it as an Excel file and calculate the distance between two Probes. nPlease see following image for more reference. nhttps://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v202/en/wb_sim/ds_graph_annot_win.html%23ds_graph_annot_winnOnce you have the necessary values and distances, you can add them on your contour plots in Powerpoint or Word etc.nI hope this helps. Please let me know if you have more questions. nRegards,nSamir.nHow to access Ansys help linksnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forumn
    • nad04
      Subscriber
      okey thank you for your helpsn
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.