November 15, 2022 at 5:21 pmjavat33489Subscriber
Can you please tell me the fastest way to solve the problem? I have two pipes of different diameters one inside the other. The outer pipe is a rigid body. Pipe length 10 meters. I need to put pressure on the inner tube and see how it deforms, look at the stress in the bends.
I can do it in 3 ways: solids, shells, beams. Solids and shells for a very long time, because there is a lot of mesh. How can you quickly solve this problem? Beams will be able to show what I need?
November 16, 2022 at 1:26 pmAshish KhemkaAnsys Employee
You can use shell bodies. Assign rigid behavior to the outer pipe. Define contact between both the pipes. Use a coarse mesh to sove the model and then refine as needed.
November 16, 2022 at 2:08 pmjavat33489Subscriber
>>You can use shell bodies
Midsurface in Space claim?
November 16, 2022 at 2:09 pmAshish KhemkaAnsys Employee
Yes, that should be fine.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.