Photonics

Photonics

How to register for technical support/Error Message

Tagged: ,

• milan.deumer
      Subscriber

Dear Ansys Support Team,

currently I am encountering a problem where I cannot open a lumerical file anymore due to an "invalid vector" error. The error Message prompts me to contact technical support. This, however, does not appear to be possible to me: When I go to the lumerical support section I am asked to sign in to access suppoort. After doing so I am asked to register for support, which is not explained at this point. After some further search in the ALF I found aout how to register for support via the Lumerical application. However, after doing so, I still cannot access any technical support. 

I am using a commercial license.

I would appreciate any help on the registration for support or the "invalid vector" error.

Regards,

Milan Deumer

PS: I find the structure of the ansys lumerical support system fairly confusing/unintuitive (see description above) and uncomfortable to use (e.g. when signed in to the ansys support space I have to sign in again every time I click on one of the quick links, for example the ALF. When I then go back to the support space and click on another link, the same again...). I would appreciate if this could be improved in the future.

• Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee

Hi Milan,

I am sorry for this, and understand the frustration some customers like you are experiencing.

Currently at least there are two types of registrations:

1: technical support. This registration is through the software launcher or direct weblink:

This registration will allow you as a commercial user or licensee to access email/phone/meeting support, and other resources such as online courses, online examples.

2: the forum registration: Anyone who is interested in learning Ansys, or asking or answering questions can register. It has only access to the forum.

As a premium user, you are entitled to email our support directly for your questions.

I did not find any information regarding to “invalid vector” error. I would suggest to restart your computer, or even reinstall your computer. If it does not help, please email us directly.

Thank you!

• Lito Yap
      Ansys Employee

@milan.deumer,
      For commercial license users, register for support as shown in this KB guide.

• milan.deumer
      Subscriber

Hello,

thanks for the replies. I had followed the steps in the KB guide already but it didn't change anything. The "register for support" button in the ansys licenses tab also had no effect. Is there any other way to access support? 

Thank you

Milan Deumer

• Lito Yap
        Ansys Employee

Hi Milan,

Based on your account/records, you are accessing licenses from your University Institution and not from your company. Please send a screenshot of the Lumerical CAD/GUI - "About Page" to lumerical.install@ansys.com. 

Thanks!
        Lito

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.