February 25, 2022 at 2:22 pmWulf22Subscriber
I am trying to solve a problem in Ansys Structural. The geometry is composed of 3 main parts - Main thruster engine( cylinder), heater, catalyst bed.
I am trying to see the structural deformation of all 3 parts with respect to each other, by applying thermal load boundary conditions.March 1, 2022 at 2:58 pmGary StofanAnsys EmployeeA "Remote Displacement" has entries for X,Y,Z, and RotX, RotY, RotZ and can be used as a support which prevents displacement or rotation in any given direction.
March 3, 2022 at 5:43 pmWulf22SubscriberThank you for your comment. This is was really helpful, so I am a big newbie in this. So do I input the nodes coordinates in x,y,z? And for RotX, RotY, RotZ tabs do I keep them free or do I put some value? If I have to put some value, what value do I put?
March 3, 2022 at 8:29 pmViewing 3 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.