Platform

Platform

How to restore generated data from optimazation that was interruped due to PC shutdown overnight?

• JoaoAlex
      Subscriber

Hello,

I´m running a direct optimization using ANSYS WORKBENCH/ DesignExplorer, it's a CFD simulation that uses: DM->Turbogrid->CFX, it keeps running until the criteria have converged inputting different geometries. I left it running overnight and then came back to check it, but the PC had shut down, and I can not reopen the files that had been generated until the crash. I can see the original file and another one named file name + pending. I unchecked the "preserve Desing points" box.

IS THERE A WAY TO RESTORE ALL THE DESIGN POINTS (DATA) THAT THE SIMULATION HAVE RAN?

• RK
      Ansys Employee
      Hello,
      Check the WB folder (the location where your simulation was set to), you will have the saved data files there from the previous run.
    • JoaoAlex
      Subscriber
      I guess ANSYS WORKBENCH doesn't save automatically the simulation, because the file saved date was the last time that I manually saved the simulation, not the time that the PC crashed overnight (don't know what time was it exactly). The pending file thought had a different saved data but was so small that it couldn't contain the results. I restarted the entire simulation anyway, thanks !
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.